I seldom ever wore makeup in high school. I was awkward, ugly, chubby, and had no self esteem. My only skill in the beauty world lied in flat ironing my hair till it set off the smoke detector in our house from all the sizzling.
My sister had tried to get me into tinted moisturizers and cover up to help my uneven skin tone. She even bought me the complete alba botanical skin line and passed down a bottle of chanel foundation for special occasions. But I never really cared enough to wear it regularly.
When I got to college, I wanted my outlook on everything to change. I wanted to stop feeling so insecure and wanted to take care of myself. I lost weight, I became confident, and I started looking good for ME. I wanted to be happy with the person I saw in the mirror and I wanted to feel beautiful.
Makeup has definitely helped me feel good about myself. I know its superficial to think you need something from the outside to make you on the inside better, but honestly, it works for me and I’m happy about it. I don’t wear much makeup in my opinion and I go out without it on too. I’m not 100% dependent on it. But I would also be lying to you if I said I don’t feel naked without it. Its a struggle to find a balance and its something I honestly work on. I just never want to feel like I did in high school. People don’t realize that those four years stick with you more than any other time in your life.
It took me a while to find the best makeup for me, but after I did, I’ve stuck with it for 3+ years!
SO WHAT DO I WEAR?
1. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizer – This is just a really good moisturizer that makes my foundation stick
2. Clinique Even Better Foundation – My holy grail. I’ve used #16 for 3 years and I will never stop. Its beautiful coverage and so natural. It really makes me look like myself, just a bit enhanced. I use a sephora foundation brush and a fake beauty blender I got at marshalls to apply/blend!
3. Nars Laguna Bronzer – This is my setting powder. I literally run my brush over my face once with this and it sets it + gives me a glow. I use a Clinique powder foundation brush to put this on!
4. Mac Melba Blush or Lancome Sheer Amourose – Either of these are beautiful. Melba is peach while Sheer Amourose looks like a gross matte color in the pan but it is BEAUTIFUL on. I seriously think its the most universal color ever and its perfect for beginners because its very hard to over apply this color!
5. Mascara – I have like 3 favorites. Anything by Clinique is good. Bare minerals volumizing is my favorite, as is Lancome hypnose drama. I usually wear many many coats of mascara because by the end of the day, thats all you can see on my face. Sometimes to be outrageous I wear blue mascara hehe!
6. Optional: Kat von D tattoo eyeliner – For the days I want to change up my look a little more
In all honesty, the makeup is super simple and super natural. People can’t tell I’m wearing anything sometimes. And I don’t care to conceal my more obvious imperfections on a day to day basis but sometimes I use a ysl highlighter to conceal if I have a pimple. And I also don’t really wear lip products or eyeshadow because those really aren’t my thing.
Tell me your routine!!!!